Poly 1512X Liquid Plastic is a two-part, liquid polyurethane resin that cures (RTV) to a white, Shore D71 plastic. This product has a simple 1A:1B mix ratio by weight. When cured, it has the feel and density of hard wood or thermoplastics. Poly 1512X is a pourable plastic, but it can be easily thickened with PolyFiber II Thickener for brush-on application. For a slower-setting version, consider Poly 1512 Liquid Plastic.
Poly 15-Series plastics are versatile, two-part polyurethane systems used in countless commercial, industrial, tooling, prototyping, craft, prop and master making applications. Some of these pourable, room-temperature curing resins mimic the density of thermoplastics (e.g., ABS) or wood. Others are great options for constructing lightweight mold shells, composites, or master models. Using Poly 15-Series casting resins offer a cost savings up front compared to the expensive tooling costs associated with metal molds required for injection-molded thermoplastic parts.
These plastics can be colored with PolyColor Dyes, mixed with metal powders (e.g., bronze powder) and they can be filled with a variety of inexpensive fillers to conserve cost and reduce shrinkage in large masses. Poly 15-Series plastics can be cast in PlatSil® and TinSil® silicone molds without any release agent and can be cast in polyurethane rubber molds and latex molds with the proper release agent (e.g., Pol-Ease® 2300 Release Agent).
- Two-part polyurethane resins
- Room temperature curing (RTV)
- Shore Hardness Options: D71-D80
- Tough, non-brittle
- 1A:1B mix ratios by weight
- Reproduces fine detail
- Can be machined, drilled, sanded
- Lightweight options for mold shells or hollow parts
- Low shrinkage on cure
- Easily color with PolyColor Dyes
- Fast and slow working times/demold times available
- Castable in large masses
- Add PolyFiber II thickener for brush-on application
- Can be applied as a thin, durable coating for EPS foam
Buďte první, kdo napíše příspěvek k této položce.